The Athens Urban Transport Organisation, OASA, announced a new “tourist ticket”:  three days of unlimited travel on all modes of public transport for 15 Euro.

While we personally seldom spend more than 24 hours in the Athens / Piraeus area this sounds like a good deal even for two days.  We find we are hesitant to take unfamiliar buses because they may turn the next corner and go a different direction.  With this ticket you just get off at the next stop and take a different bus—a nice adventure of discovery.

The old one day, all mode ticket only cost about 3 Euro but included only one trip to or from the airport.  So you couldn’t pop into Athens during an airport layover without buying two tickets.

Bus400

This new tourist ticket also includes the tram to Glyfada and Piraeus as well as the Bus 400, which is a hop on, hop off service for the major attractions.

We have found Athens a terrible place to walk due to cars blocking the footpaths.  Now you can take the Metro, or bus, or tram, or train everywhere and don’t need to walk.  Cheers!

3 comments:

At July 02, 2009 8:48 AM Messi said...

I came to your blog just when I was surfing on this topic. I am happy that I found your blog and information I wanted.

 
At July 13, 2009 2:36 PM CaliforniaKat said...

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, where did you source your information? On June 29, I took mine from Eleftherotypia in Greek and translated it to English. After that, greeknewsagenda.gr used it and the Polish Embassy and Greek Embassy in Finland republished my info also, giving a link back.

If your info happened to come from any of those sources, it can still be attributed to me. I noticed a few sites (not you) plagiarized my article word-for-word.

FYI, sightseeing line 400 is not a bus, it's a train.

 
At July 15, 2009 5:59 AM Michael said...

Hi CaliforniaKat,
I enjoy reading your blog and the well researched info there. Thanks.

I got my facts from an Athens News Agency report that appeared to be a Press Release from OASA. Generally I do not credit or link when the source is a press release.

Cheers,

 

Post a Comment


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Facebook me!

expatriate